Cannes | FILLED
Our client is looking for a Chief Stewardess for a private 50-meter yacht based in the Cannes area. This is a permanent position and all applicants must hold a valid ENG1 and STCW to apply for this position. Only female candidates will be considered due to cabin arrangements.
- Directing, motivating and supervising interior crew (double check on the work, behavior etc).
- Make sure interior is ready for owners or guests coming onboard – ensuring all provisioning and amenities have been purchased and stored correctly
- Meet and greet the owners and guests upon boarding
- Provide 5* level of service in housekeeping and table service
- Liaise with the chef as to menu planning and provision allocation
- Communicate with other departments on yacht
- Watchkeeping in accordance with the list of responsibilities in the crew mess
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory role on yachts
- An understanding of how yacht life works and runs
- Exceptional communication skills
- A strong leader with excellent management skills
- Adaptable and flexible to be able to co-ordinate changes in port plans, etc
- Approachable, so that the crew feel comfortable to talking through anything that needs to be addressed on the yacht
- Strong attention to detail and ability to match principals and guest’s high expectations
The role comes with a salary of €5,000 per month, full medical insurance and one paid flight ticket home per year. The successful candidate will need to have had 3 years’ experience on similar sized yachts and be confident in all areas of the interior.