New York | FILLED
F & B Manager required for a small high-end restaurant in Central Manhattan, New York. You’ll be working alongside the Owner and Head Chef to ensure that the venue and service runs as smoothly as possible.
- Liaise with all aspects of the business – internal (owner, chefs, staff, etc) and external (supplies, governing bodies, licensing, etc)
- Arranging staffing rotas, holidays, sickness, cover, etc
- Administrative – recording and submitting staffing reports, service performance, budgets, health and safety reports, staff appraisals, etc
- Re-establish and create relationships with staff, suppliers, customers to build on loyalty
- Implement reporting procedures that allow staff to raise concerns and build upon ‘best practices’
- Focus purchasing and menu planning (with Head Chef) on seasonal products, taking traditional ideas and bringing them up-to-date with fresh, healthy and innovate approaches
Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience managing staff in a high-pressured hospitality environment
- Able to act with ingenuity to any and all problems to find and implement solutions that satisfy all involved
- Friendly and approachable
- Strong ethic on great working practices to increase staff morale and retention
- Strong organisational skills but able to adapt and improvise
Hours may vary depending on foot-fall each day, but start times are usually around 11:00 each day. A five-day working week is in place on a rotation within the management team. Would suit someone who eager to step up and progress in the hospitality sector.