Weybridge | £30,000
Marlin are looking for a well experienced Groundsman with a passion for Horticulture for an initial three-month contract – to be extended for the right individual. A minimum of three years’ experience in exclusive gardens and grounds required to be considered for the role.
- Taking care and maintaining vast woodlands surrounding the property
- Taking care of the immediate gardens
- Pruning, mowing, removing various plants, trees and hedgerow
- Proactive upkeeping of specialist hedges, roses, climbers, etc
- Understanding and experience with the seasonal requirements of numerous species
- Able to conduct grounds maintenance
- Liaise with the Principal as to the exact care needed for the garden and woodland to ensure
- Working with heavy machinery
- Occasional landscape design
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a groundkeeper
- A strong passion and understanding of a typical English garden and the care need to upkeep native species
- Pet-friendly – no care required, but the dogs and cats will roam free in the grounds
- Approachable and thoughtful in the design of the gardens
- Communication is key for success – open and honest conversation is a must.
The role requirements will vary quite considerable month by month depending on the needs of the grounds, so careful attention will be required to ensure each area gets the specific consideration needed for it to flourish. The role will consist of 45 – 55 hours per week depending on the workload.