Caribbean | FILLED
Head Steward/ess position available on a large 75-metre yacht based in the Caribbean owned by a HNW family for a seasonal contract. All expenses are account for including flights, accommodation, food, etc though individual excursions will be at your own outlay.
The successful candidate will need to have had 3 years’ experience minimum in senior roles across yachts.
- Prepare the vessel for boarding – ensuring all provisioning and amenities have been purchased and stored across the yacht
- Meet and greet the owners and guests upon boarding
- Provide 5* level of service in housekeeping and table service
- Supervise and ensure all additional staff are maintaining high standards on board
- Liaise with the chef as to menu planning and provision allocation
- Liaise with port crews to as to arrival and departures
- Liaise with no-board crew to ensure all cabins, private/public spaces and crew areas are cleaned, tidied and ready for all requests
Skills and experience:
A minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory role on yachts
An understanding of how yacht life works and runs
Adaptable and flexible to be able to co-ordinate changes in port plans, etc
Approachable, so that the crew feel comfortable to talking through anything that needs to be addressed on the yacht
Attention to detail – ensuring all the interior and exterior are kept as close to original hand finished standards as is possible
The role comes with a salary of $6k USD per calendar month which normal expenses covered whilst in situ on the yacht as well as flights to and from berthing. Contract will last a minimum of three months and up to nine months depending upon the individual and the potential for permanence. Discretionary bonus’ will also be performance based.