Dallas, Texas USA | FILLED
Marlin Private Staff are seeking a Ranch Manager to take on a small plot for HMW Family based in Dallas, Texas. Ideal candidates must have worked on ranches previously; preferably in a junior management role whom are ready for that step up. The right to live and work in the US is a necessity for the role in advance of any offers being made.
- Manage all household and ranch staff – arranging schedules, cover, sickness, appraisals, etc
- Understand and manage the care and commercialisation of cattle and equine livestock
- Processing accounts for the ranch as a business and living space
- Inspect all areas of the grounds to ensure the facilities are up to the highest standards
- Liaise and arrange improvement works, quotes and supervise contractors on-site
- Create monthly reports to pass onto the ranch accountant
- Report to the Principal for any areas of significance
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experiences on ranches, with a min of 2 years in a managerial capacity
- Advance knowledge of cattle management
- Advance knowledge of equine care
- Basic finance and reporting methods
- Calming personality who is happy to be country bound for extended periods of time
This role comes with a furnished cabin in the grounds of the ranch and a vehicle. Though the position may not be up to the hectic pace of others, it will encompass long days to ensure the daily tasks for cattle care are completed. The role is 5 on, 2 off planned alongside the team to ensure the needs of the ranch are always covered.