Mediterranean | FILLED
An experienced chef is required for a privately owned 28 metre yacht. Candidates must have 3 years’ experience working on yachts and demonstrate a good amount of knowledge with different cuisines and cooking styles.
- Planning and cooking meals for both owners and crew – Mediterranean cooking style is preferred but knowledge of several different styles is necessary too
- Liaising with the owners and guests as to their preferences for the day, week etc.
- Making sure the galley is kept pristine in cleanliness and presentation
- Communicate with crew and captain to plan timings
- Helping out on deck when required
- Understanding of discretion and confidentiality
- Going to local markets for seasonal produce and ingredients
Skills and experience:
- STCW and ENG1
- Vast experience of cooking different types of cuisines
- Driving licence is preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Good personality and easy to get along with
This position is seasonal but could go permanent for the right candidate. The Yacht will be based in the Mediterranean for the summer – The crew is made up of different nationalities, but English is the predominant language spoken on-board, however knowledge of French would be an advantage.